Here is the full list of quarantine guidelines for international arrivals as put out by MoHFW:
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) made it mandatory for stranded Indians arriving from abroad to check into an institutional quarantine for 7 days at their own expense followed by seven days of home isolation. Specifying guidelines for the international arrivals, the ministry said that before boarding, all the travelers would have to give an undertaking that they would stick to the above rule to ensure least chances of transmission. Exceptions will be given in a few cases — human distress, pregnancy, death in family, serious illness and parents accompanied by children below 10 years of age. They will be asked to self-isolate at home for 14 days.
Before Planning for Travel:
- All travelers should submit self-declaration form on the online portal at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel.
- They should also give an undertaking on the portal that they would undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days i.e. 7 days paid institutional quarantine at their own cost, followed by 7 days isolation at home with self-monitoring of health.
- Travelers may also seek exemption from institutional quarantine by submitting a negative RTPCR test report on arrival. This test should have been conducted within 96 hours prior to undertaking the journey. The test report should be uploaded on the portal for consideration. Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found otherwise. The test report could also be produced upon arrival at the point of entry airport in India.
- Dos and Don’ts shall be provided along with ticket to the travelers by the agencies concerned.
- All passengers shall be advised to download Arogya Setu app on their mobile devices.
- At the time of boarding the flight/ ship, only asymptomatic travelers will be allowed to board after thermal screening.
- Passengers arriving through the land borders will also have to undergo the same protocol as above, and only those who are asymptomatic will be enabled to cross the border into India.
- Suitable precautionary measures such as environmental sanitation and disinfection shall be ensured at the airports.
- During boarding and at the airports, all possible measures to ensure social distancing to be ensured.
- Deboarding should be done ensuring social distancing.
- Thermal screening would be carried out in respect of all the passengers by the Health officials present at the airport/ seaport/ Iandport.
- The self-declaration form filled online shall be shown (or a copy of physical self-declaration form to be submitted) to the airport health staff.
- The passengers found to be symptomatic during screening shall be immediately isolated and taken to medical facility as per health protocol.
- Post thermal screening, the passengers who have been exempted from institutional quarantine (decision as indicated on the online portal in advance) will show the same to the respective State Counters on their cell phones/other mode before being allowed home quarantine for 14 days.
- The remaining passengers shall be taken to suitable institutional quarantine facilities, to be arranged by the respective State/ UT Governments.
- These passengers shall be kept under institutional quarantine for a minimum period of 7 days.
Institutional Quarantine- 7 days for international passengers. Government facility at no charge, alternatively paid quarantine at designated hotels.
Home Quarantine- 07 days for international passengers (post institutional quarantine of 07 days) and Asymptomatic passengers will be permitted to go with an advice for self- monitoring.
Airport obligation- Suitable COVID 19 precautionary measures announcements to be made at airport and Thermal screening of all passengers on arrival.
Institutional Quarantine- 7 days (for international arrival passengers followed by 7 days home quarantine).
Home Quarantine- 14 days and if returning within 7 days then no quarantine.
- All passengers to download Aarogya Setu app and furnish self-declaration on arrival.
- Passengers visiting BOM for short duration (<= 7 days) need to share the details of onward journey.
Airlines Obligation- Detailed list of arriving passengers with arrival flight, time, mobile number & residential address to be shared with Nodal officer.
Airport/State obligation- Thermal check at arrivals and Stamping of passengers on left hand.
Institutional Quarantine- 7 days (to be followed by 14 days home quarantine).
- International passengers coming should be kept in institutional Quarantine followed by 14 days home quarantine.
- Business travelers having a confirmed return ticket within 7 days from arrival are exempted from 7 days of institutional quarantine provided they have COVID negative certificate issued not more than 2 days before the date of arrival. If not, the passengers will be kept in 2 days of institutional quarantine where they will be tested (charges to be paid by passenger). Upon negative result the passengers will be allowed to proceed.
- Passengers coming from remaining states
- Below categories of passenger exempted if COVID 19 test found negative:
- Pregnant women
- Children 10 years and below
- Senior citizens 60 years & above
- Terminally ill patients (cancer / chronic kidney disease/stroke)
- Death in family
Passenger Obligation- Passenger needs to have Seva-Sindhu portal pass.
- Passenger cannot travel without the pass.
- Passenger should fill self-declaration form provided by govt. of Karnataka at Departing/Origin station
Airlines Obligation- Mandatory verification at origin that passenger has E-pass & registered in
Institutional Quarantine- None
Home Quarantine- 14 days (Business travelers with stay less than a week are exempted).
- After obtaining the flight tickets, passenger shall register their details.
- One has to select the airport of arrival; Arrival passenger need to carry e-pass after registering their details. In state’s COVID jagratha portal.
- On arrival, passenger to show their e-pass to health department at airport and undergo home quarantine for 14 days.
- Passenger should fill self-declaration form provided by govt. of Kerala at departing/Origin station.
- Passengers must have the entry pass for Kerala plus any other state or UT to which the traveler is finally deciding to go after alighting from flights.
Airlines Obligation- Mandatory verification at origin that passenger has E-pass & registered in Kerala portal at Origin. Airlines must ensure that any passenger boarding the flight to any airport in Kerala MUST have either an entry pass for either Kerala OR any other state or UT to which such traveler is finally deciding to go after alighting from flights.
- All passengers must produce a COVID-19 negative certificate issued within 48hrs by ICMR recognized lab.
- Mandatory – If above point is not valid then all passengers must get the test done at airport by paying 2000 and be in paid institutional quarantine till result is out OR passenger can opt for 14 days home quarantine with stamp.
Institutional Quarantine- 10 days, if symptomatic on arrival and tested positive. If symptomatic; institutional quarantine.
Home Quarantine- 7 Days
Airport obligation- Thermal screening and health profiling on arrival. If symptomatic, COVID test to be performed and institutional quarantine till test result.
Institutional Quarantine- 7 days (for International passengers only).
Home Quarantine- 14 days
- Passenger will need to register state website before they exit the arrival hall.
- Passenger coming for short duration (< 7days) & travelling to some other destination will have to submit their travelling details & will be exempted from quarantine measures.
Airport obligation- Passenger will be allowed to exit after successful registration & display of the message.
West Bengal- Kolkata
Institutional Quarantine- None
Home Quarantine- 14 Days
Passenger Obligation- Fill up and submit the declaration form using Sandhane App developed by H&FW Department West Bengal.
Airlines Obligation- Digital self-declaration form which is to be submitted by airlines to State Health Authority on daily basis.
Airport obligation-Thermal screening on arrival and All passengers are to submit self-declaration form at the time of arrival to state health officials.
Institutional Quarantine- No quarantine
Home Quarantine- 14 Days
Passenger Obligation- Self-Health declaration to be given by passengers and go through screening process; Symptomatic passengers will be isolated and taken to nearest health facility.
Airlines Obligation- All airlines must submit passenger’s details with mobile numbers in