If you are looking for a new job right now, you will be using Linkedin to search for the latest opportunities. Having a great profile and visibility on Linkedin is key to attracting hiring managers and recruiters. In this blog, we provide tips on how to improve your visibility and networking on Linkedin.
Networking is still the way most people find jobs and the job search strategies you use need to include networking. Connect with everyone you know, because you never know which contact may be able to help you with your job search or put you in touch with someone who can.
- Join LinkedIn Groups so you’ll have access to job listings posted for Group members and more people to network with. Set up information interviews with professionals at your target companies to get more information about an industry, job or company.
- Connect to your other social networks – LinkedIn allows you to connect up your other social media profiles with ease so, include links to any profiles or social media sites that you maintain with a professional presence as recruiters like to research this kind of activity before they decide to call you.
- Update your status on regular basis. By updating your status, you can regularly tell potential recruiter what you are up to currently by showcasing different things like your current location, new recommendations from current employer, courses you are currently attending etc.
- Like and comment on the others posts (even in the second degree/our LinkedIn Groups ) and to strengthen your professional network.
- Endorsement of skills to first degree connections, where you have a clear working relationship – these must be genuine endorsements.
- Engage: Constantly engage on the Linkedin platform by joining groups- connect with people and build your professional network, write a post or article, to connect with people- expand your network for more visibility, Interests- follow people, company, groups, pages.